Skip to content

Windward Core

Some of our most innovative features originate with the users of our software. Please use this forum to submit ideas for new features and enhancements to existing features. The more votes from users from different Customers an idea receives, the more likely the feature will be added in the near future.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

120 results found

1. acrofield Signature support

We could really use support for inserting acrofield for Signature to docx templates as it would be generated to pdf output.

I do not know any workaround to achieve this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed your suggestion internally but have declined it for development due to lack of votes. Thank you for sharing your idea and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our products!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

2. Possibility to add HTML header information for email templates

Would be a big improvement to have the possibility to add HTML header information when creating an e-mail template, to define following fields of the email:
    - From
    - To
    - Subject
    When creating a letter-template, it's easy to add address information on the template, as the address is printed on a letter.
    More and more communications are sent via email. Windward should provide the possibility to add HTML header information. Adding Tags in the HTML header would give us the possibility to add ‘invisible’ but needed tags on a template.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This idea has been declined for development at this current time due to lack of votes. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. Tags inserted into a template should automatically adopt the output to default style of the Word doc rather than Times New Roman size 12

An annoying and time consuming to eradicate 'feature' when auto-tagging into Word is that tags inserted into the template, default to Times New Roman size 12, rather than taking on the font style and size of the whole template ie. normal default.

This applies to both, in the actual template and more annoyingly in the output file generated.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Word Templates  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Information Tag

Good morning,

I believe it would be useful to have a new tag, that does not affect the output you generate, but that can be used to store information within your document. It would only contain a free text field wherein you can type 'whatever you want'. Would be useful for a work in progress ( storing notes), but also when a document is finished, to describe the process for when another user has to do adaptations to a file. I know it is technically possible to use a set tag for this, but I would consider it less confusing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support additional 'Advanced' options for set tags

set variable tags currently have limited options in terms of setting options.
    I recently needed to add a default value to a Set tag and this was possible by editing the tag but not possible through the Wizard (however it is possible for Out tags to do this)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Robert,

I have entered a ticket for your request, but since this request has not received additional votes for quite a long time, I will need a demonstration of wider user need before I prioritize this for development. I will be setting this request to declined, but will revisit it to check if other users demonstrate need.

Thank you for your idea, and if you have any other suggestions, please don’t hesitate to enter them!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

6. Output Templates in XML format

Our business needs to output in XML format in addition to existing formats offered by Winward Autotag.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but have declined it for development due to lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

7. Allow formatting in set tags

It is not currently possible to supply formatting in set tags (e.g. if I have a value stored as a string that I want to convert to a number - to do maths on it)
    I have to: Create an out tag (setting it as a variable) and perform the required formatting - put this tag in white text so it's not displayed

Ideally I would like to have all the options I have available for formatting an Out tag in a Set tag

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need Easy way to set either standard (1,321.36) or Euro (1.321,36) numeric formatting for OUT tags.

An enhancement to the TEXT function that allows me to format numeric fields in either standard (1,321.36) or Euro (1.321,36) formats is required. The ability to select this in the "formatting" field would be perfect as I could reference a SET tag that I create based on user selections and then have one or the other formats flow through my document.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This idea has been reviewed internally but has been declined for future development due to lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve the product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

9. Windward to support callout shapes

Ability to generate an output containing callouts and other office shapes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dynamic Word Charts

It is useful to re-use templates and just connect them to a different (similar) datasource. However depending on the values, charts can stop displaying properly. Legends may get cut-off for example.
    It would be nice if charts were smarter and automatically adjusted to new data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Validation to identify non-existent XML data sources

I am currently building a new template with changing XML data sources and values.
    The values prove to be no issue as the new data is simply pulled into the Output.
    However, if the XSD/XML changes, say the data point name, then the Output just ignores the Autotag ie. null value inserted in Output. The validation tool doesn't identify 'broken' Autotags and actually states that the validation was successful. This also applies to the 'Preview' button, which returns a null but doesn't mention that the data point couldn't be found.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but it has been declined for development due to a lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve the product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

12. Support for test.salesforce.com

With the Salesforce.com Datasource there isn't a way to switch the salesforce.com instance used to a sandbox instance.

Sandbox instances use test.salesforce.com as opposed to production and developer instances which use login.salesforce.com to create the connection.

Our template authors do not always have access to the production instance to do development of templates.

Also we usually run User Acceptance Testing against sandbox instances.

So without this functionality we are unable to develop or test new autotag templates.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am marking this idea as declined for development. I have entered a ticket in our backlog, and will keep an eye on this and similar ideas in the future. If we see more support for this idea and accept it as a result, I will update this ticket again then. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you may have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

13. Add option in designer to "save on preview" so we don't have to save every time we click preview.

The title pretty much covers it. It's a pain to have to save the document every time I wan to preview a change. I understand some customers want this but many don't. So, have it ask to save be default but have an option you can check so the clicking the preview button will auto-save the documentment for you.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I have entered this issue into our backlog and related it with similar requests to reduce unnecessary clicks when using the Designer. We will re-visit all these requests together, and I will update this ticket again if we target this for a specific release. until then, I am closing this ticket as declined. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

14. Automatic refresh of data sources

We use XML as our data source and to test we change the values in that file. We then have to re-connect to the same file and save changes for it to be refreshed in Windward. This is a bit frustrating doing this over and over again so could it be automatically refreshed

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This idea was declined after undergoing our review process (please see Adam Jackson’s comment). Thank you for your feature request and we hope you will submit other ideas in the future!

- The Windward Team

15. Generating Policy Schdules

Hi,
    I am trying to evaluate this software and see if it works for me.
    I need to create a template of a policy schedule.
    then, with a call, execute the template with the requested parameters and generate, mail and save a policy schedule. what am I missing here>

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update table of contents after docx report has been generated

When docx report is generated, update the table of contents as the last step before saving the report output. Reason: if the report contains imported html documents, the page numbers in the ToC are often wrong after the 1st html document. With lots of documents, the page numbers get increasingly out of sync. The user has to use F9 in the output file to correct this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this suggestion internally but unfortunately it has been declined due to lack of votes. Additionally, we do the best ToC that we can achieve, but Microsoft does not document how they do their layout in Word. As a result, we get as close to their formatting as we can, but in a few cases, unfortunately, the numbering is different. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve the product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

17. Auditing

Ability to report how many report have been generated using the tool.

Helps for internal reviews and shows usefulness of the tool

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. RESTful Engine - Embedded Datasource in Request

Currently when passing and XML or JSON data source within a REST request it has to be encoded into base64. It would be very valuable to be able to pass the XML or JSON data directly within the REST request.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this request internally, but it has been declined due to lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our product!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

19. Use pod without formatting

I would like to be able to use a pod but retain the formatting of the destination template document and ignore any formatting from the pod (or not even store the formatting in the pod). In particular, in Excel I only want to be able to put an OUT tag into a cell from the pod bin and keep the formatting of the cell.

The current workaround (in Excel) is:
    create a pod based on a single tag
    Put the pod into a cell in the new document in a temporary sheet
    Copy the cell text then paste into the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable double-clicking a tag in the footer to open the Tag Editor

Currently, if you double-click a tag in the header or main body of a Word document, the Tag Editor window opens. This is not true in the footer. A workaround is to double-click the footer tag, then double-click somewhere on the doc outside the footer, but this is not user-friendly and is not consistent with the functionality in other parts of the document. A sample is attached that replicates the issue.

I understand this is due to limitations of the Word/Office API, but if this can stay on the radar as something to fix if the Office API gets better,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally, but it has been declined due to Word API limitations. Since we can’t offer this functionality due to the limitation, we recommend opening tags in the header and footer using the “Edit Tag” button in the ribbon. Thank you very much for your idea, and please enter any other suggestions you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base