Skip to content

Windward Core

Some of our most innovative features originate with the users of our software. Please use this forum to submit ideas for new features and enhancements to existing features. The more votes from users from different Customers an idea receives, the more likely the feature will be added in the near future.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

120 results found

1. Merge the printed documents

We have letters printed based on the letter (unique)id so when there are 100 letters for example we do have 100 letters(documents) printed which is great and that is how we anticipate the outcome, along with that we have a mail merge process that merges all 100 individual letters to one document, this way the team which prints the letter will have to send the one file to the machine for printing all 100 letters instead sending 100 different individual letters. I want to check and see if we have any process that merges individual printed letters to one single…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  RESTful Engine  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Odata: queried data of a forEach loop is stored in a dataset accessible later during output generation

As you probably know, data source queries take its time and OData queries are extremely slow.
    To speed up output generation, I want to limit data source access as much as possible:
    Often I have to iterate multiple times through the same amount of data by use of a forEach tag.
    At present it is the case that I have to query the data source for each forEach loop.

From my point of view it would be an advantage if the queried data of a forEach loop is (optionally) stored in a dataset accessible at different positions in the template…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea but declined it for development due to lack of votes. Thank you for your idea and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our software.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. RESTful Engine Error Response

While processing through a dataset I use the following code:
    if(report.GetStatus() == Report.Status.Error)

What needs to be added is a way to see and report back to the user what failed. Why is the report in an error state.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I wanted to follow up on this suggestion. We have made many improvements to the RESTful Engine in recent years, so I wanted to ask if this was still an issue for you. We are looking to improve our errors in the future to be more clear, so if this is still an issue we will consider adding it to that effort.

Thank you for your suggestion. I am setting this ticket to declined while we wait for a response.
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

4. Designer support for MSWord Comments

When generating reports we would like AutoTag to provide the ability to create MSWord comments. Our reports can be quite large and require QA reviews. As part of our JSON we include a comments/notes structure. We'd like to take that JSON element and create a comment.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but it has been declined for development at this time due to lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

5. Gimme a break!

It would be useful for the forEach loop tag to have some sort of break option. That way I can loop through my values and when I find what I need I can break out and not continue the loop.

For now, as a workaround we can set some sort of flag variable and if we hit the "break" condition set it and then if it's set just avoid doing anything in the loop, but that's kind of crude...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make Find/Replace work in header/footer

AutoTag's Find/Replace works great in the main body of a Word document (for example, when a data source is renamed and you need to update the tags that use it), but it doesn't change anything in the header or footer. This isn't very user-friendly. A sample is attached that replicates the issue.

I understand this is due to limitations of the Word/Office API, but if this can stay on the radar as something to fix if the Office API gets better, that would be great.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to report that this functionality is already supported in the Windward Designer! Perhaps this functionality was added since this ticket was entered. Please return to a newer version of the Designer and try this functionality. If you see any issues, please contact our support team to enter a bug. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

7. Template option in PPT Document

Hello Team,

Currently there is not option of displaying html content in PowerPoint slides. This is the feature most of the customers requested. If you consider this as a feature in future releases, it would really help us to meet Customer requirements.

Thanks,
    Kishore. Y

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

Thank you for your suggestion! I have entered this into our backlog of work for PowerPoint. We are also interested in adding this functionality, but we have some other PowerPoint changes already lined up that are priority. Since we do not currently have a timeline for this, I am marking it as declined, but I’ll update this ticket in the future if we do add this to our timeline. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other idea you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

8. IOS support

make it possible to open *.docx files which is generated by Autotag on IOS/Mac

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. acrofield Signature support

We could really use support for inserting acrofield for Signature to docx templates as it would be generated to pdf output.

I do not know any workaround to achieve this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed your suggestion internally but have declined it for development due to lack of votes. Thank you for sharing your idea and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our products!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

10. Information Tag

Good morning,

I believe it would be useful to have a new tag, that does not affect the output you generate, but that can be used to store information within your document. It would only contain a free text field wherein you can type 'whatever you want'. Would be useful for a work in progress ( storing notes), but also when a document is finished, to describe the process for when another user has to do adaptations to a file. I know it is technically possible to use a set tag for this, but I would consider it less confusing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support additional 'Advanced' options for set tags

set variable tags currently have limited options in terms of setting options.
    I recently needed to add a default value to a Set tag and this was possible by editing the tag but not possible through the Wizard (however it is possible for Out tags to do this)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Robert,

I have entered a ticket for your request, but since this request has not received additional votes for quite a long time, I will need a demonstration of wider user need before I prioritize this for development. I will be setting this request to declined, but will revisit it to check if other users demonstrate need.

Thank you for your idea, and if you have any other suggestions, please don’t hesitate to enter them!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

12. Allow formatting in set tags

It is not currently possible to supply formatting in set tags (e.g. if I have a value stored as a string that I want to convert to a number - to do maths on it)
    I have to: Create an out tag (setting it as a variable) and perform the required formatting - put this tag in white text so it's not displayed

Ideally I would like to have all the options I have available for formatting an Out tag in a Set tag

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need Easy way to set either standard (1,321.36) or Euro (1.321,36) numeric formatting for OUT tags.

An enhancement to the TEXT function that allows me to format numeric fields in either standard (1,321.36) or Euro (1.321,36) formats is required. The ability to select this in the "formatting" field would be perfect as I could reference a SET tag that I create based on user selections and then have one or the other formats flow through my document.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This idea has been reviewed internally but has been declined for future development due to lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve the product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

14. Display header/footer with Out tag templates

When using an Out tag as a BASE64_TEMPLATE type, the header and footer from a docx used as the template is not displayed on the generated output document.

Import tags support this functionality, but we would really like to use Out tags for performance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This idea has been reviewed but declined for development. The reason is that we don’t expect implementing this functionality for the Out tag to result in performance increases. Storing these files on a fast file server is more likely to improve the performance of the template. This is our suggestion for improving the performance of this use case. Thank you for your suggestion and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our software.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

15. Add ways to control report resource usage such as setMaxPages and setMaxMemory

I would love to be able to set limitations on the report engine's resource utilization to cut down on poorly written templates consuming too many resources. setMaxMemory or setMaxPages should be callable on processReport as a way to limit what the report generates.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Java Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but declined it for development due to lack of votes. While we are not planning to develop these functions for max pages/memory, we do already offer a parameter for the report object to set a timeout during output for these cases: dotnetdoc.windwardstudios.com/topic457.html
    Thank you very much for your suggestion, and please enter any other ideas you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

16. Support QuickStyles with DOCX template and DOCX output

If the style checkbox "quickstyle" is checked in the template, it should not be unchecked in the final report.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Java Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but have declined it for development currently. We have seen some other requests related to carrying properties into Excel output recently, so even though we declined this for current development, we will keep our ears open for related requests in the future and may plan development on this then. If we do plan development on this idea, I will update the ticket then. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our products!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

17. Add support for page border functionality

If I create a DOCX template with a border around the header and body but not the footer, the output adds the border around the footer as well. I'm attaching a sample template that demonstrates the issue and includes screenshots showing what is expected.

Per Windward Support, Development says that the page border functionality is not currently supported by Designer. Since page borders are a pretty basic feature in Word, please look into adding support for all of the page border settings. While it's not critical functionality, it prevents me from designing reports with the precise output I want.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Open the Tag Editor window in the center of the screen rather than below the cursor

Currently, when you double-click a tag to open the Tag Editor, the window is opened directly below the position of the cursor. That's fine if the tag is at the top of the window, but if it's near the bottom then the Tag Editor window is partially or even almost completely off the screen. I would prefer that the editor window open consistently in the center of the screen (or perhaps even better, optionally remember its last position and open there) so I don't have to drag the window to see its contents and so it appears consistently and reliably.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brent,

I just tested this request in Word 2016, Designer 16.2.0, Windows 10 and the Tag Editor was opened directly in the middle of the screen instead of towards the bottom. Perhaps this was fixed somewhere along the way! Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you come up with.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

19. Output Templates in XML format

Our business needs to output in XML format in addition to existing formats offered by Winward Autotag.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but have declined it for development due to lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

20. Change "Apply" and "Close/Cancel" in formatting window to "Save" and "Cancel"

If I want to choose a new/different format for a tag, I have to find it, click Apply and then click Close. It would be more convenient to simply click Save when I've selected the format I want and have the window close automatically instead of having to click Apply, then click Close. Fewer clicks = happier users. :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have decided to decline this idea at the moment. I have put an item in the backlog so we can work on this in the future if we get the opportunity, but currently this is not a priority. If we do target the ticket, I will update this idea. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base