Skip to content

Windward Core

Some of our most innovative features originate with the users of our software. Please use this forum to submit ideas for new features and enhancements to existing features. The more votes from users from different Customers an idea receives, the more likely the feature will be added in the near future.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

54 results found

1. Windward to support callout shapes

Ability to generate an output containing callouts and other office shapes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add class HTML attribute to all HTML tags.

The documentation at https://ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/76878/l/899627-html-and-css-tags-and-attributes-supported-by-out-tags notes that the class html attribute is only valid for the p tag. I would request that the class attribute be valid for all supported tags. This would allow me to provide easier default styling to all tags instead of having to ensure all tags of a type have a default set of style attributes.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow windward to distinguish between duplicate tables with different schema names on same postgres database

Postgres databases does not limit a users ability view table and column names based on user access rights (read for detail: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20201436/how-to-restrict-access-to-schemas/20202163#20202163)

When valid duplicate table names (different schemas) exist then windward data bin places all of the fields from the duplicate tables into one table, sometimes resulting in duplicate field names or adding in fields that don't exist.

We can work around it by editing the xml but this is counterproductive as our database is continually changing after every release.

Please adjust windward so that schemas are used to differentiate between duplicate table names.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We tried to duplicate this issue and were not able to. In all of our tests Windward used the schema.table.column notation, not table.column.

If you can provide an example of this issue, that would be a bug (not a feature request) and we will fix it immediately.

4. Odata: queried data of a forEach loop is stored in a dataset accessible later during output generation

As you probably know, data source queries take its time and OData queries are extremely slow.
    To speed up output generation, I want to limit data source access as much as possible:
    Often I have to iterate multiple times through the same amount of data by use of a forEach tag.
    At present it is the case that I have to query the data source for each forEach loop.

From my point of view it would be an advantage if the queried data of a forEach loop is (optionally) stored in a dataset accessible at different positions in the template…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea but declined it for development due to lack of votes. Thank you for your idea and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our software.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

5. OData: build queries by use of OData expands

The Data Bin presents the entities with its navigation properties (expand). Would be great to use the tag editor and the wizard to create queries with filters using odata expands.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello reporter,

Due to lack of votes, this suggestion has been declined for development. If we see additional market need in the future, we will re-asses this suggestion. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

6. Support TSQL PIVOT Operator

Working with poorly designed SQL database with absolutely no normalization. Have many tables with repeating groups, ie: item1, item2, item3, item4, item5, etc. The TSQL Pivot operator allows me to turn a single row with 5 items into 5 rows. Then I could ForEach through the rows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We encourage you to resolve this unfortunate data problem outside of Windward. Issues with the structure of your data may be solved with changes to the database, or a view for your data that you can use inside the Designer. For this reason, we are declining this idea for development. Thank you for your suggestion and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

7. Expiry Date of Scout or Other Licence

Would be great if the expiry of licences are delayed to America support hours so that if there are any issues they can be resolved as not current 24/7 support. i.e I think currently they expire at midnight US time and if in Europe we have to wait till 3/4 in afternoon to discuss, which pleasantly can say is then resolved quickly. Hence if delayed expiry time then outages etc would be minimised for your European Customers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We already have some precautions in place to eliminate down time, like a warning email that the license will expire two weeks before it does. Additionally, since subscriptions can be managed by customers in our Windward Store, you could resolve the problem there as it occurs without contacting our support team. Is either one of these processes currently not working for you? I am declining this idea now since we already have solutions in place to prevent down time, but if you are experiencing issues with either of these solutions, please get in touch with our support team to trouble shoot the problem. Thank you!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

8. Would be great if the account had the ability to see usuage of the windward product over time and in the different environments.

Would be great if the account had the ability to see usuage of the windward product over time and in the different environments. This obviously would be good for the scout license. But this would also be useful in general if the app fed usuage stats to the account and to be able to report on or take a data on feed from even on enterprise licence.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have declined this idea for development at the moment due to lack of votes. If we see more interest expressed in the future we could change this decision, and I will update the ticket then. Thank you for your idea, and please enter any other suggestions you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

9. Documentation/comment-Tag

In a way, the WW templates that we create, are code. I mean: You define parameters, format data, perform calculations, if/else, loops, etcetera. Basically: Code.

However, when you write code, you always add comments to your code so you will still understand why you implemented a certain part of the code 1 year later. Or someone else working on the same project of course. So I would like to be able to add a small comment in the template saying "Comment by Jacco: using this variable/loop to define blabalbla, for further context, check X". However, at this moment I don't…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have declined this idea for development since you actually already identified the recommended solution for commenting templates. Here at Windward, we try to use as much of the native Word functionality as possible to make the template development experience more natural for Word users. The native Word comments are the recommended way of commenting a template. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve the product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager.

10. Change "Apply" and "Close/Cancel" in formatting window to "Save" and "Cancel"

If I want to choose a new/different format for a tag, I have to find it, click Apply and then click Close. It would be more convenient to simply click Save when I've selected the format I want and have the window close automatically instead of having to click Apply, then click Close. Fewer clicks = happier users. :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have decided to decline this idea at the moment. I have put an item in the backlog so we can work on this in the future if we get the opportunity, but currently this is not a priority. If we do target the ticket, I will update this idea. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

11. Add support for page border functionality

If I create a DOCX template with a border around the header and body but not the footer, the output adds the border around the footer as well. I'm attaching a sample template that demonstrates the issue and includes screenshots showing what is expected.

Per Windward Support, Development says that the page border functionality is not currently supported by Designer. Since page borders are a pretty basic feature in Word, please look into adding support for all of the page border settings. While it's not critical functionality, it prevents me from designing reports with the precise output I want.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need to have an ability to turn a link to QR code and printed from template

Need to generate QR code from url link on a document. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to report that we have already accepted this idea under a different request! Please refer to this ticket for updates on the timeline for this idea: http://ideas.windwardstudios.com/forums/248503-windward-beta-program/suggestions/38862844-there-should-be-an-option-for-tag-output-of-qr-cod

Thank you for your suggestion, I will close this ticket as declined since it is a duplicate.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

13. Highlight corresponding open and close tags when selected

Similar to how code editors will highlight a closing bracket when an open bracket is selected (and vise-versa) to easily determine what is contained in the brackets and identify the scope of everything, I think it would be useful if the same idea was introduced with tags. For instance if a user selects and open foreach tag, then the corresponding closing foreach tag would also be highlighted.

This would make it a lot easier with massive templates and a bunch of loop and if-conditional nesting to find what belongs to what loop or conditional. This way if a conditional block…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to tell you this functionality is already supported! Select the opening tag (forEach, if, etc) and click the “Select Tag” button under the Tags section of the Windward ribbon and you will see a section of the template highlighted until the closing tag (endForEach, endIf, etc). Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

14. HIDE/SHOW TAG with Flag for keeping/not keeping CALCULATIONS

A TAG to hide all what is coming up after this TAG, this could be a large calculation, tables etc. A TAG to put at the end to show again what is coming after. This could be the same TAG with a hide/show flag.

In the same TAG we could have an additional flag if the calculations between HIDE/SHOW are active or not.

If would be very helpful if we could put this TAG between IF/ELSE/END_IF.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This idea was reviewed but was declined for development at the current time due to lack of votes. If this idea or a similar idea receives more votes in the future, we will review it again at a later time. Thank you for the suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve the product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

15. Make the default output directory configurable.

Implement a configuration parameter that changes the Report Designer default output directory from the current %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\temp.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but it has been declined for development due to lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve the product!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

16. Designer support for MSWord Comments

When generating reports we would like AutoTag to provide the ability to create MSWord comments. Our reports can be quite large and require QA reviews. As part of our JSON we include a comments/notes structure. We'd like to take that JSON element and create a comment.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but it has been declined for development at this time due to lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

17. Don't allow a POD to be created if it contains undefined variables.

Currently, a POD can be created that contains Tags which refer to variables defined in other Tags not included in the POD. Then those Tags fail when the POD is used in another template. Request that when a POD is saved, Report Designer checks whether there are undefined variables in any Tag, and if so, rejects saving the POD with a message like "POD contains undefined variables."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't allow a POD to be created if it contains undefined variables.

Currently, a POD can be created that contains Tags which refer to variables defined in other Tags not included in the POD. Then those Tags fail when the POD is used in another template. Request that when a POD is saved, Report Designer checks whether there are undefined variables in any Tag, and if so, rejects saving the POD with a message like "POD contains undefined variables."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't allow a POD to be created if it contains undefined variables.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello David,

We have reviewed this idea internally but unfortunately it has not been accepted. Since the idea has not received sufficient votes since it was entered and also since we have some other tools in the product to verify template quality we will not be working on this. Thank you for your suggestion, and please enter any other ideas you have to improve the product.

Thank you.
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

20. formatting to respected currency (not all that are available as basic excel formats are available in windward)

we do business in 3 region and use different mode of currency payments such as USD, GBP, EUR and AED.

when building templates with relevant information that goes to finance teams for analysis i used windward(autotag) in excel linked to my SQL database. i have to created templates that are currency specific i.e. if the product was sold in GBP i have to produce all sales and expenditures towards the product in their respected GBP currency. (e.g. £1,100.56)

i have noticed that AED is not a current format that windward allows me to convert the figure too. however this feature…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This idea has been reviewed internally but declined due to lack of votes. Additionally, the workaround commented before hopefully solves the problem! Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve the software.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base