Skip to content

Windward Core

Some of our most innovative features originate with the users of our software. Please use this forum to submit ideas for new features and enhancements to existing features. The more votes from users from different Customers an idea receives, the more likely the feature will be added in the near future.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

146 results found

1. I need better error handling

Just been working for a couple of hours now, but I found error handling to be poor. Exceptions are thrown with no clear error messages. Documentation is missing (TagException seems bo no exist according to the knowledge base).

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello reporter,

I am happy to report that this idea was reviewed and accepted for development. I will update this ticket again when this functionality has development started and a release date is clear.

Thank you for your idea.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

2. referencing other worksheets in formulas in generated Excel reports

When you write a formula in a template that references another cell on the same sheet, it increments the row number on each new row that is added by a foreach loop.
    It would be great if this worked the same way for formulas referencing other worksheets.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello reporter,

I am happy to report that this idea was reviewed and accepted for development. I will update this ticket again when this functionality has development started and a release date is clear.

Thank you for your idea.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts would be very helpful...Like inserting Out tag, generate a document etc. Also possibility to customize own shortcuts.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to let you know this idea has been reviewed and accepted. I will update this ticket again when work begins on this functionality and a release date is clear.

Thank you for your idea.
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

4. Allow Data Validation to propagate to the new document.

Data Validation constrains the values of a cell to items in a predetermined range. This would allow selection lists to be populated by AutoTag select statements.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello reporter,

Thank you for your idea.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

5. Allow for dynamic drop down based on amount of returned rows

Currently, when a drop down is created in a cell (static or dynamic) the drop down is removed when the report is generated.

Either add a Windward drop down function (ideal), or support Excel generated drop downs.

Another helpful addition to this would be to make the drop down options distinct (optional, chosen by user).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to report that we have accepted this idea since sufficient interest was measured elsewhere. I will update this ticket again once development has been started on this functionality. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

6. Preserve page number formatting across different sections in Word (AutoTag)

Currently in Autotag 12.5.37, when there are different sections in a Word Document that utilize different page number formats (e.g. i/ii/iii/iv/... and 1/2/3/4/...) and a document is generated from a data source, the formatting in the template does not come through and all page numbers default to the 1/2/3/4/... format, resulting in confusion for the reader.

Allowing for this capability will make it easier for Autotag users to maintain a more refined template where readers can more easily identify the section that they are reading and reduces rework for Autotag users.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This idea has been accepted for future development and added to our backlog. I will update this ticket again when the functionality is targeted for a release.
    Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you may have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base