Skip to content

Windward Core

Some of our most innovative features originate with the users of our software. Please use this forum to submit ideas for new features and enhancements to existing features. The more votes from users from different Customers an idea receives, the more likely the feature will be added in the near future.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Display header/footer with Out tag templates

When using an Out tag as a BASE64_TEMPLATE type, the header and footer from a docx used as the template is not displayed on the generated output document.

Import tags support this functionality, but we would really like to use Out tags for performance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This idea has been reviewed but declined for development. The reason is that we don’t expect implementing this functionality for the Out tag to result in performance increases. Storing these files on a fast file server is more likely to improve the performance of the template. This is our suggestion for improving the performance of this use case. Thank you for your suggestion and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our software.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

2. Add Excel as a supported data source type

Backward as it seems, it would support platform-independence.

I'm developing an app right now for the small business where I work that interfaces with a SQL Server ERP to do unsupported processing before reporting. But, using Excel as a buffer means that if they change to an Oracle ERP I won't have to change the code - just create a query in the new ERP to generate the spreadsheet. Moreover, Excel is supported and working fine in the designer - it shouldn't take much to add it for the engine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This request is one we have received in the past. The reason we do not support Excel as a Datasource is because, in our experience, the lack of enforced structure in the data ends up causing problems in all instances. This leads to a frustrating user experience, and to users, the problem is presented as a Windward issue, not as an Excel data structure and continuity issue. For this reason, our policy on Excel is to not support it as a Datasource. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. Justified Alignment With Condensed Font Spacing

Justified alignment with condensed font spacing is resulting in left alignment instead of justified alignment in the PDF output. A basic template attached to this request can demonstrate this issue.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Windward Tags need to support Tick Mark

We have bought your software windward tag and about to go live and the pdf needs to mandatorily support tick mark instead of x mark.

Windward Support Team,

We have checkboxes to design user choices in Auto Tag Windward form, but when we generate the pdf , windward is not generating a user friendly checkbox UI element as part of pdf generation. Windward puts a x mark what we need is a tick mark

In the attached image it is indicated very clearly that at the top section where there is a x mark is what windward generates .

However…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OfficeToPDF, eliminate Word startup

Using the OfficeToPDF feature involves significant additional time and part of it seems to involve the startup of Word application. Suggestion is to have a running instance in the background and use it for all related requests/processing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but it has been declined for development due to lack of votes over the last year. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

6. Generating Policy Schdules

Hi,
    I am trying to evaluate this software and see if it works for me.
    I need to create a template of a policy schedule.
    then, with a call, execute the template with the requested parameters and generate, mail and save a policy schedule. what am I missing here>

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?