Skip to content

Windward Core

Some of our most innovative features originate with the users of our software. Please use this forum to submit ideas for new features and enhancements to existing features. The more votes from users from different Customers an idea receives, the more likely the feature will be added in the near future.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

54 results found

1. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Need to have an ability to turn a link to QR code and printed from template

Need to generate QR code from url link on a document. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to report that we have already accepted this idea under a different request! Please refer to this ticket for updates on the timeline for this idea: http://ideas.windwardstudios.com/forums/248503-windward-beta-program/suggestions/38862844-there-should-be-an-option-for-tag-output-of-qr-cod

Thank you for your suggestion, I will close this ticket as declined since it is a duplicate.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. Add support for page border functionality

If I create a DOCX template with a border around the header and body but not the footer, the output adds the border around the footer as well. I'm attaching a sample template that demonstrates the issue and includes screenshots showing what is expected.

Per Windward Support, Development says that the page border functionality is not currently supported by Designer. Since page borders are a pretty basic feature in Word, please look into adding support for all of the page border settings. While it's not critical functionality, it prevents me from designing reports with the precise output I want.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Windward to support callout shapes

Ability to generate an output containing callouts and other office shapes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change "Apply" and "Close/Cancel" in formatting window to "Save" and "Cancel"

If I want to choose a new/different format for a tag, I have to find it, click Apply and then click Close. It would be more convenient to simply click Save when I've selected the format I want and have the window close automatically instead of having to click Apply, then click Close. Fewer clicks = happier users. :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have decided to decline this idea at the moment. I have put an item in the backlog so we can work on this in the future if we get the opportunity, but currently this is not a priority. If we do target the ticket, I will update this idea. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

6. Allow formatting in set tags

It is not currently possible to supply formatting in set tags (e.g. if I have a value stored as a string that I want to convert to a number - to do maths on it)
    I have to: Create an out tag (setting it as a variable) and perform the required formatting - put this tag in white text so it's not displayed

Ideally I would like to have all the options I have available for formatting an Out tag in a Set tag

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support additional 'Advanced' options for set tags

set variable tags currently have limited options in terms of setting options.
    I recently needed to add a default value to a Set tag and this was possible by editing the tag but not possible through the Wizard (however it is possible for Out tags to do this)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Robert,

I have entered a ticket for your request, but since this request has not received additional votes for quite a long time, I will need a demonstration of wider user need before I prioritize this for development. I will be setting this request to declined, but will revisit it to check if other users demonstrate need.

Thank you for your idea, and if you have any other suggestions, please don’t hesitate to enter them!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

8. acrofield Signature support

We could really use support for inserting acrofield for Signature to docx templates as it would be generated to pdf output.

I do not know any workaround to achieve this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed your suggestion internally but have declined it for development due to lack of votes. Thank you for sharing your idea and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our products!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

9. Dynamic Word Charts

It is useful to re-use templates and just connect them to a different (similar) datasource. However depending on the values, charts can stop displaying properly. Legends may get cut-off for example.
    It would be nice if charts were smarter and automatically adjusted to new data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Validation to identify non-existent XML data sources

I am currently building a new template with changing XML data sources and values.
    The values prove to be no issue as the new data is simply pulled into the Output.
    However, if the XSD/XML changes, say the data point name, then the Output just ignores the Autotag ie. null value inserted in Output. The validation tool doesn't identify 'broken' Autotags and actually states that the validation was successful. This also applies to the 'Preview' button, which returns a null but doesn't mention that the data point couldn't be found.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but it has been declined for development due to a lack of votes. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve the product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

11. Open the Tag Editor window in the center of the screen rather than below the cursor

Currently, when you double-click a tag to open the Tag Editor, the window is opened directly below the position of the cursor. That's fine if the tag is at the top of the window, but if it's near the bottom then the Tag Editor window is partially or even almost completely off the screen. I would prefer that the editor window open consistently in the center of the screen (or perhaps even better, optionally remember its last position and open there) so I don't have to drag the window to see its contents and so it appears consistently and reliably.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brent,

I just tested this request in Word 2016, Designer 16.2.0, Windows 10 and the Tag Editor was opened directly in the middle of the screen instead of towards the bottom. Perhaps this was fixed somewhere along the way! Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you come up with.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

12. Support for test.salesforce.com

With the Salesforce.com Datasource there isn't a way to switch the salesforce.com instance used to a sandbox instance.

Sandbox instances use test.salesforce.com as opposed to production and developer instances which use login.salesforce.com to create the connection.

Our template authors do not always have access to the production instance to do development of templates.

Also we usually run User Acceptance Testing against sandbox instances.

So without this functionality we are unable to develop or test new autotag templates.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am marking this idea as declined for development. I have entered a ticket in our backlog, and will keep an eye on this and similar ideas in the future. If we see more support for this idea and accept it as a result, I will update this ticket again then. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you may have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

13. Enable double-clicking a tag in the footer to open the Tag Editor

Currently, if you double-click a tag in the header or main body of a Word document, the Tag Editor window opens. This is not true in the footer. A workaround is to double-click the footer tag, then double-click somewhere on the doc outside the footer, but this is not user-friendly and is not consistent with the functionality in other parts of the document. A sample is attached that replicates the issue.

I understand this is due to limitations of the Word/Office API, but if this can stay on the radar as something to fix if the Office API gets better,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally, but it has been declined due to Word API limitations. Since we can’t offer this functionality due to the limitation, we recommend opening tags in the header and footer using the “Edit Tag” button in the ribbon. Thank you very much for your idea, and please enter any other suggestions you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

14. Ability to Embed Files in Word Templates

I would like to see the ability to embed a file into a template. The file should not be merged with the template, but simply embedded as a file that could be opened and viewed at a later time.

The parameters for the embedding should have the ability to specify the location of the file from a data source, OR given specified location manually provided.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use pod without formatting

I would like to be able to use a pod but retain the formatting of the destination template document and ignore any formatting from the pod (or not even store the formatting in the pod). In particular, in Excel I only want to be able to put an OUT tag into a cell from the pod bin and keep the formatting of the cell.

The current workaround (in Excel) is:
    create a pod based on a single tag
    Put the pod into a cell in the new document in a temporary sheet
    Copy the cell text then paste into the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom OrderBy criteria.

The capability to define custom OrderBy rules. We have properties we would like to order by, and these properties return string values that we would like to order by in a non-alphabetical fashion.

Example orderby: (Critical, High, Medium, Low, Info)

Workaround right now is to change the return type of the property to int and keep track of a mapping between the int and the original string.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Javelin to limit output options

Javelin to limit output options for a template or group of templates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

Your suggestion has been reviewed internally but has been declined since we are not currently doing any new development for Javelin. Thank you very much for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

18. Deprecate .NET 3.5 and Java 1.6 in Version 16

Windward is ending support for the following versions of .NET and Java for their respective Engines in Version 16.

Drop support for the following in Version 16:

.NET 3.5
    Java 1.6

Microsoft ended support for .NET 3.5 on January 12th, 2016. Support for Java 1.6 ended in February 2013.

Further developing our Engines on .NET 4 and Java 1.7 enables us to bring you the best products using functionality unavailable in previous versions. Please let us know if you have comments or questions related to the deprecation of these products or how to upgrade your existing environment. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't allow a POD to be created if it contains undefined variables.

Currently, a POD can be created that contains Tags which refer to variables defined in other Tags not included in the POD. Then those Tags fail when the POD is used in another template. Request that when a POD is saved, Report Designer checks whether there are undefined variables in any Tag, and if so, rejects saving the POD with a message like "POD contains undefined variables."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need browse button from the query pane in the Import Tag's Tag Editor

It would be SO COOL to have a browse button from the query pane in the Import Tag's Tag Editor to choose your file/url/etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally but it has been rejected due to lack of votes. We recommend the workaround of using the standard file explorer to get the file path. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our product!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base