Skip to content

Windward Core

Some of our most innovative features originate with the users of our software. Please use this forum to submit ideas for new features and enhancements to existing features. The more votes from users from different Customers an idea receives, the more likely the feature will be added in the near future.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7 results found

1. html

The HTML to Template in Word conversion need upgrading. Especially tables. Also underline, indentation, and bulleted and numbered list to name a few things.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter!

I am happy to announce that this functionality was released with version 16.3.0! HTML output and import templates received a re-work and new functionality. Please try this functionality in the new release and submit any new requests you might have.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

2. Please add a method that we can call to inject the license key to the Windward engine.

We use a custom method to securely deploy our configuration values. Due to this, we would like to have a function that we can call to provide the Windward license key to the library instead of it reading from the web.config file directly.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter!

I am happy to announce that this functionality was released with version 16.3.0! You can find documentation here for the .NET engine:
    https://ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/79483/l/1109667-how-do-i-inject-my-license-key-into-the-net-engine
    and here for the Java engine:
    https://ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/79484/l/1109698-how-do-i-inject-my-license-key-into-the-java-engine

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. Support for .NET Core (at least on Windows)

All new development in our company is .NET Core, and we would like to continue using Windward Reports.

From our correspondance it sounds like the problem is finding the license key. I can tell from experience that figuring out what config file to use and exactly how to specify the license key is also a pain for your users. I suggest, as someone else has also done, that you let the application supply the license key instead of trying to find it.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter!

I am happy to announce that this functionality was released with version 16.3.0! You can find documentation here for the .NET engine:
    ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/79483/l/1109667..
    and here for the Java engine:
    ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/79484/l/1109698..

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

4. Add Duplex option to the DirectoToPrinter method

Allow the output when using the DirectToPrinter method to be printed double sided.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to share that this functionality is available in our 20.1 Core release. Thank you for your idea and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our software.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

5. Allow a .net JsonDataSourceImpl to be constructed using a .net stream

When using the JsonDataSourceImpl, you must either point the data points to a file or web service. It would be helpful if the class constructor allowed a standard .net stream to be supplied.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this internally and I am happy to let you know this is already supported! Please check out our .NET API documentation for how to construct your Datasource using a stream. Thank you for your idea, and please enter any other suggestions you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

6. Generate Partial Reports

We have some huge templates. Hundreds of pages long that results in reports that are thousands of pages long.

While entering data in our system, we'd like to ability to preview what the report will look like. Therefore, we are requesting partial template generation.

Example: I have just entered the data for pages 42-45 of a 200 page template. I would like to generate those page, which may end up being 5 or 10 pages long when generated.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. NuGet packages for specific targets such as .Net4.5 without the overhead of unwanted dlls such as MongoDb.

Have NuGet packages for specific targets such as .Net4.5 without the overhead of unwanted dlls such as MongoDb and the J# dlls. The namespaces can get polluted when working in Visual Studio.
    It would be nice to have the smallest footprint of DLLs required to run Winward without have to currently remove one-by-one and hope nothing breaks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to tell you that this has been completed. In the new version of Windward all of the dependencies are required. Extra dlls like MongoDB have been removed. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base