Skip to content

Windward Core

Some of our most innovative features originate with the users of our software. Please use this forum to submit ideas for new features and enhancements to existing features. The more votes from users from different Customers an idea receives, the more likely the feature will be added in the near future.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10 results found

1. Dynamically colour table cell backgrounds in Report Designer

Hi

We would like the functionality to dynamically input coloured table cell backgrounds in our template. The colours we use are pulled dynamically from our data source and are defined by our clients, therefore the conditional formatting of table cells is inadequate as the conditional formatting always requires a hard-coded value to be present in the template to compare against.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Variables in the Datasource URL of a Webservice

At the moment I could not add dynamic parameters to the URL of a Webservice. For example I have the following datasource url:

http://jsondatasource/api/Json/GetEmployeeByName?firstname=Martin

but instead of the static value 'Martin' I need a dynamic variable value like

http://jsondatasource/api/Json/GetEmployeeByName?firstname=${firstnameParam}

Thx,

Regards

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to announce that this functionality has been released and is live in the 20.2.1 version of Windward Designer! To learn how you can change your connection URL at runtime, please read our feature documentation here: https://ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/76878/l/1321991-how-do-i-edit-the-datasource-connection-on-output Thank you for your suggestion and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. New variable type to support longer blocks of text

I am creating a cover letter report. I want to set the default text for the body of the letter but allow the user to modify it prior to report generation, and it should have multiple paragraphs. The existing Text variable doesn't support line breaks, so this is not possible. Please add a new variable type (e.g., TextArea) that would be more appropriate for longer blocks of text than what was probably intended/envisioned with the existing Text type variable.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search functionality for JSON datasource

It would be nice to have some searchbox in AutoTag Data Bin. Data source which we are using, have thousands of properties, so it would be faster to type few keys and filter appropriate properties.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love to have embedded documents updated

I would love to have a word template that has an excel (or power point) file embedded in the template, that also gets updated with the same pramteres. And if you could choose to use the embedded document based on a parameter, then you could switch it "On/off" depending if the output needs to have it embedded.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keep 'Shrink to fit' setting in Excel

Please preserve 'Shrink to fit' setting on a cell while generating an Excel spreadsheet with AutoTag.
    I use AutoTag 15.1.48.0 for Excel and it keeps 'Wrap text' setting already. Why not to support the one in charge of cell content shrinking?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Word image cropping work with import tags

We need to crop images to a designated area, regardless of aspect ratio, because we serve images of all kinds of sizes and we want to prevent: a) an image from getting stretched/squashed and b) an image pushing the rest of the layout off the page. The images we serve are photos made during inspections by building inspectors with all sorts of mobile devices, in both landscape and portrait mode.

When you use an import tag and then preview/render, it will save the image it downloads in the document. I will call this the "preview image". Currently when you use…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Basic Authentication with Jira

AutoTag claims to support basic authentication on json requests. However, when trying to connect to Jira, Windward's authentication doesn't work. Having basic authentication work would allow us to run custom reports against the Jira API.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Licence management need improvment

Hi, Currently Licenses are associated with major versions. If new version downloaded then its needs new license key even though the contract is valid during that duration. It create the lot of issues as we have global user base and coordinating and sharing new license key is problem. Instead of generating the new keys , on your side the old licenses key should be automatically associated with new version if the contract is valid during that duration. This is applicable for Autotag as well as .NET Engine. Please consider this change on priority as we as planning to upgrade the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to let you know that this is how our subscription licensing works currently. If you are currently on a perpetual license, please look into switching to subscription to get these added benefits. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager.

10. Indicate that .NET 4.5 is a requirement for AutoTag v14 installation

The installation process for AutoTag v14 does not indicate that .NET Framework v4.5 is required. the AutoTag Add-on will appear in Word, but not function properly. Please indicate in the installation materials, as well as in the installer itself, that .NET Framework 4.5 is required.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am pleased to announce that these suggestions have been released in our 20.0.0 release. I’ve put the system requirements for the Designer at the top of our version features announcement (https://ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/89317/l/1249325-version-20-0-0-features), and the required .NET core version will now be installed with the installer if it is not already on the users system (https://ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/89317/l/1249325-version-20-0-0-features#designer-installer-will-install-net-v4-6-1-if-missing-on-machine). Thank you for your suggestion!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base