Skip to content

Windward Core

Some of our most innovative features originate with the users of our software. Please use this forum to submit ideas for new features and enhancements to existing features. The more votes from users from different Customers an idea receives, the more likely the feature will be added in the near future.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

69 results found

1. Support XLS & XLSX as a datasource

Can pull data directly from a spreadsheet as a datasource (presently requires saving it as an XML file).

The follow-on question then becomes, what language is used for selects.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Show the document structure

Provide an outline view of the document structure. We have a very complex document with lots of levels of nested 'ifs'. It can be difficult to match up corresponding 'ifs', 'elses' and 'endifs' when viewing the tags amongst all the text inside the template.

An outline tree view would make the structure of complex documents easier to understand.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a macro language for tags

For the tag select/value/evaluate= part, implement a complete macro language similiar to that found in Excel.

This will provide significant power & functionality for users because they can not just do simple operations but can call powerful macros. This would eliminate the need for the function tag.

Within each macro would be the capability for multiple selects, possibly against different datasources.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Charting: Adjustable Scaling in Y-Axis

Changing the scale on a chart axis and having the ability to have multiple different scales on the same chart.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow XML data source to be searchable

We want non-technical business users to be able to author simple letter templates using an XML data source. Currently, the template author has to know the XML structure in order to be able to drill down to select their desired element in either the tag builder or the data bin.

I would like my users to be able to search the XML structure. For example, if they want to include the customer's name in their letter, they could type in 'name', which would filter the XML elements displayed to them. The choice between /order/customer/name and /order/product/name then becomes obvious for…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to announce that this functionality was released in our 16.7 Version. Please download one of our post 16.7 releases to try out this functionality. Thank you for helping us improve our product!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

8. Provide a better user interface for entering variables

See DataPrompter for an example. (http://www.wordsite.com/DataPrompter2010.html)

When asking the user to provide input to a variable there is only the variable name to prompt them. Unless they hover over every entry field they don't know what information is expected.

It would also be useful to allow grouping of entry fields so related data can be entered together.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David!

Our UI has undergone many changes since this feature request was made. Currently users can fill out a description for each of their template variables so that users can better understand what they are needing to enter.

Thank you for your idea and please enter any other feature requests you might have with our newer versions!
    - The Windward Team

9. create a wr slide break tag for powerpoint

The idea is so that you can 'manually' tell windward when you are in a loop on on a powerpoint slide to 'jump to'/start another slide - kinda like a dynamic powerpoint equivalent of word's next page break

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tina!

Since this is an old request, I suspected this functionality may have been developed. I tested in our upcoming 16.1 version by doing the following: I connected to our sample Northwind MSSQL database and created a slide with a forEach tag in the header selecting from the Categories table. Then I used the “break” property of my ForEach tag and set the value to ‘1’.

When I output this succeeded in giving me one slide for every category displaying the category name (an out tag I put in my forEach loop.)

Thank you, and please let me know if this does not resolve your feature request.

- The Windward Team

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base